DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 1997

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

DesignerCouncil Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:49:53 -0400
MEETING OF THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER
OF THE IPC DESIGNERS COUNCIL

Date: Tuesday August 12, 1997

Where: Connie's Restaurant in Derby

Time: 6:00pm sharp (dinner will be served at 6:00pm)

Topic: Understanding the rules for Product Safety Compliance

Most of our products must meet product safety compliance requirements. These
requirements are often ambiguous with little design information available to
the designer. Charles Pearl, Safety Engineer at Power Systems, will make a
presentation on board level compliance issues with agencies such as UL, VDE,
BSI, to name a few.

In addition, questions will be prepared for submission to the panel of CAD
vendors, scheduled for our October meeting.

For additional information please contact John Laseter at (860) 678-4831 or

Directions to Connie's Restaurant:

Take Route 8 to Route 34, towards Derby.
Make a right turn at the SECOND traffic light.
Connies is one block, on the right.