TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
"Jeffrey C. Garland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 08:12:25 -0700
David,

When I use to work for a fab house we use to take and push the buss bar down from the board edge and add in vias.  These vias were used to access the "top" side of the board.  "Top" being the opposite side you are testing.  You may ask how we got rid of the buss bar.  One of two ways, shear it or rout it.  If you shear it I would highly recommend the use of shear marks.

Jeff Garland
Lavenir Technology, Inc.