TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Vickie Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:22:32 -0700
Mark --

I was interested to note that you say your solder DPM is very consistent from
product to product. Assuming you're talking about the DPM directly out of wave
solder or reflow solder, before any touch-up is done....then this is definitely
NOT the case with us. Although consistent within a product, our defect rates can
easily vary by a factor of 10 from product to product...in fact, there is more
like a factor of 100 difference in DPM between our best and worst
product...illustrating the paramount importance of design for manufacturability!

-- V. Chapman