TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Sam Pirayesh)
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:41:14 -0700
Hi All,
Recently I heard of Solderability issue and lead fracture on fine picth QFP (16 mils or
less) during vabiration test on the PWB with Electroless Nickle and Immersion
Gold finish (100u-200u of Nickle and 3u-5u of gold) , couple reason was mention one
being the flux used during the assembly and another was the Nickle passivation on the
PWB before assembly.
Is any of you have any experience with this problem and if you do, what you have done to
correct the problem. Also I am interested on all the good things you can tell me about
this finish type.
Thanks.