TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
David Arivett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 08:36:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

  Several years ago we went through a pretty severe mousebite problem. We
tried most of the things that have been mentioned already. We examined and
optimized air agitation, pre-plate chemistry, developer rinse temperature,
and exposure levels. Many of the changes helped but did not eliminate the
problem. Finally, we looked at the developer spray nozzles. They were brass
nozzles and the inside had eroded over time until the opening was 50% larger
than it should have been. The breakpoint was good and SEMs showed good
sidewalls but I suppose the impingement was not sufficient to get a perfect
removal of unexposed resist residues. We changed the nozzles, implemented a
routine nozzle change out schedule (every 6 months), and have not had the
problem for many years.

David Arivett
Cuplex