TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:53:38 -0500 (CDT)
It is my understanding that MIL-S-13949 will shortly be made inactive
for new designs, and should be cancelled in about a year.  While the
adoption of an IPC replacement is not guaranteed, I would suggest that
companies look to IPC-4101 which is a completely adequate industry
replacement.  The 4101 is at "Interim Final" draft and will hopefully be
published by our fall meeting in October.

Regards

David W. Bergman, V.P. of Technical Programs
IPC
2215 Sanders Road
Northbrook, IL  60062-6135
847-509-9700 x340 Phone