TECHNET Archives

July 1997

Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 21:39:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,
Recently there has been alot of talk about chemical conversion type coatings
for preparation of the copper surface prior to solder mask and other resists,
specifically Alpha Metals PC-7042. My request is two fold; to what extent has
anyone had experience with this type of product for mask applications and  wha
t, if any, are the problems associated with this process. The advantages are
obvious and very tempting, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to
fall........anyone?

Your facts are appreciated and thanks in advance !

Scott Kivi
Circuits DMA Inc.-Engineering