TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Jim Herard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 07:53:36 -0400
George;

Actually not too hard.  Extending dwell in developer may help. Rinse Spray
pressures are another obvious spot to play. Type of LPI will probably also have
an affect.  We have no trouble with residual soldermask until very high aspect
ratios (greater than 10:1-12:1) or smaller than 8 mil holes.   We continue to
try to push that envelope too.

The 2 mils finished hole tolerance isn't too bad with Immersion Au or with an
OSP on Copper.

Overall, your board probably won't be buildable in the far east, but it doesn't
sound too bad.  We build similar all the time, and there are several other
shops with similar abilities.

Jim Herard
KBL, Product Quality Engineering
IBM Microelectronics Endicott