TECHNET Archives

July 1997

Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
I would like to suggest that you perform a standard acid resistance test
after baking. This will allow you to see if you still have a good reduced
copper surface. I believe a weight loss of 0.125 mg/cm2 or less is
acceptable.

The reduced oxide will eliminate pink ring due to acid attack. I would like
to point out that if you have any wedge voiding due to rough drilling (ie.
nailheading, gouging, etc.) the open area will allow microetch solution to
seep onto the oxide surface. This will attack reduced copper oxide (copper)
as you know. I would also reccomend that no 7628 low resin prepreg be used
with small holes 12mil and under. You will also need to be very careful about
drilling stack heights being above 2 for small holes as well.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Chris McGary