TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Frank Hinojos)
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:57:55 -0700
     Steve,

     LPI soldermask can sometimes bleed out (flow) a bit before it cures.
     This yields a very thin coating of mask which may appear transparent
     so that bright copper shines through, yet still performs its job and
     resists solder during the HASL and assy processes.  I haven't seen
     this in several years so you may want to make sure that your board
     supplier has their mask process under control.

     Frank Hinojos
     Watkins-Johnson Co.