TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
"Jeffery L. Hempton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:09:46 -0500
We use a two-part (resin & hardener) clear epoxy, that is air cured (baking
accelerates the cure). This can be reflowed, waved or conformal coated with
no problems! Any good epoxy supplier can recommend something that should work.

>Subject: PWB trace cut sealing
>Author:  [log in to unmask] at INTERNET
>Date:    7/25/97 10:33 AM
>

>Hi,
>
>Does anybody out there know of an "instant" adhesive type material
>that can be used to seal trace cuts?  This material must be able to
>withstand reflow and wave conditions.
>
>Currently, we are using Loctite TakPak materials, and they are not
>cutting it.  The temperatures are just too hot, and the material
>degrades and/or loses adhesion.
>
>What do board fabs use to repair scratches?  Perhaps there is an
>"instant" soldermask repair material?
>

>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Andy French
>Engineering
>Axiom Electronics
>Beaverton, OR
>TEL (503) 643-6600
>FAX (503) 641-0572
>Email [log in to unmask]

Jeff L. Hempton        phone: (219) 429-7335   Fax: (219) 429-4688
Boardshop Manufacturing Engineer			Mail Stop: 25-31
Hughes Defense Communications
1010 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808-4106
Email: [log in to unmask]

"The man who rolls up his sleeves seldom loses his shirt."--Thomas Cowan