TECHNET Archives

July 1997

Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 97 12:01:04 -0500

i would wonder why you need targets at all. if they have any C.A.D. capability
at all, most systems can automatically align layers with the click of the mouse.
if it is being sent out to be plotted as single films, that usually means they
are hand stepping the artwork to a drilled panel. if they are sending out
stepped up artwork, that is not unusual, some shops still rely on outside
plotting services. my last question would be concerning how they factor in for
the controlled impedance.

as others have said, you get what you pay for, not to disparage on the low tech
shops ( most of us have been there ) but most shops today work with all sorts of
up front C.A.D. / C.A.M. systems.