TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Paul Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:03:21 +0100
Jack Olson wrote:-
>"Trust me, boss! We really need to be paying MORE for these boards!"
Hi Jack

I like your sense of humour but on a serious note, who tells the boss he
can have the boards cheaper? If a quote comes, in how do you qualify the
supplier is acceptable? What conditions do you place on your supplier?
If none, then why not use the cheapest non-approved supplier you can
find? What are your potential liabilities down the line? Is it your neck
on the block if things go wrong? Does this make any sense?
Hope this is food for thought or the quality companies are finished.

On the original question, any vendor who does not have CAM front end
cannot be seriously in the business of making pwb's. Besides, using CAM
actually reduces tooling costs so there is no economic argument there.
--
Paul Gould
Isle of Wight,UK