TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
"Urry, John @ SLG" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 97 16:26:00 mdt

I am looking for help determining recommended dimensions for thermal vias
and thermal via legs (spokes).  I understand there is a trade-off between
making the vias large enough with small enough legs to allow the board to
be soldered without the use of a blast furnace versus making the vias
smaller with larger legs to allow for the required current capacity of
the connection.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

John Urry
L3 Communications
Salt Lake City, UT