TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Phil Culpovich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:37:47 -0700
Mike:

6 mil traces should be no problem. Sounds like you may be using the
wrong etchant. If you are using an alkaline etch or high normality
cupric chloride etchant, you will get excessive undercutting due to the
poor etch factor of those etchants. What you should be using to etch
fine lines would be cupric chloride regenerated with sodium chlorate and
sodium chloride as the oxidizer. Add a Vis-U-Etch controller to give you
pure cupric chloride with a low acid normality and you wind up etching
fine lines all day with no losses from the etching process. You also
wind up with the lowest etching cost possible. You should also check the
spray pattern, spray bar oscillation and conveyor speed control.

If you would like to contact me directly, you can e-mail me at
[log in to unmask] or visit our website at
http://www.oxfordvue.com

I look forward to your reply.

Phil Culpovich
Oxford V.U.E., Inc.