TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Don Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 02 Jul 1997 17:45:20 -0500
I am looking for technical references for comparisons of the reliability
of solder resist over reflowed tin/lead plating versus HASL and SMOBC.
One of our customers has an engineer who believes that reflowed tin/lead
has a significant reliability advantage over SMOBC.

I am aware of the current state of printed board manufacturing but that
engineer had a bad experience with SMOBC ten or more years ago and
believes that his experience represents the state of the art today.

Third party test results, especially high reliability applications, may
help us to convert this customer's parts to SMOBC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don Vischulis
Quality Assurance Manager
ITO Industries