TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 15:58:53 -0500
George,

Being head of both the quality and engineering departments for Graphic Electronics, I have had to deal with this more than once and there really is no clear cut industry answer. I recommend this, set up an internal standard that reflects what you consider to be a good quality edge but keep economics in mind.  Remember,  want ever quality level you establish for yourself will reflect what the customer thinks of your company. It today's market, shops can no longer afford to build a product that simply meets spec. Today, almost anybody can do that.  Cosmetic quality and consistency is just as important to future business as meet the specified requirements.

Ed Cosper