TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:24:56 -0700
VOLPE, RAY wrote:
To: "'Technet'" <[log in to unmask]>
> IPC-D-275 states "No parts shall be mounted in direct contact with
> external bare metal conductor areas ..." does this really mean I can't
> place any vias under any (thru hole) parts that touch the board without
> tenting (and we know the problems tenting causes)- even a carbon
> resistor? Please advise.

That is a great question for Technet, which I notice you have in your
"sending" address, but you have actually sent this to designercouncil,
which is rarely used (it seems. Not trying to step on any toes, but you
can get GREAT answers from Technet...)

To subscribe to TechNet:
go to http://www.ipc.org/
click any of the major icons (design, fab, assy)
click IPC EMAIL FORUMS
click [log in to unmask] button
scroll all the way down and enter your email address
hit the SUBSCRIBE button
resend your question (after you get a confirmation email (10 minutes?)

Good Luck,
(just trying to help)					Jack