TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
"Lepsche, Thomas G (NM75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 11:10:46 -0600
Vickie
	As far as "Trustworthy" data - we run some simple calibrations on the
"Wave Solder Optimizer" (WSO) to maintain repeatability of the data
during the runs by the WSO. Those calibrations provide us a high
confidence in the data reported. Without verification of instrumentation
any readings may prove to vary and become invalid.
	We believe the value of the WSO to be in verification of the wave
solder machine on a process control basis. We are therefore monitoring
the WSO runs for shifts that would indicate the wave solder machine has
changed and the parametric settings we have developed for specific PWA's
may not produce the soldering quality results we have previously
experienced. The frequency for running the WSO would  reflect your
confidence in the stability of your machine factored with rework costs,
inspection frequency, etc.

Semper Fi
Tom