TECHNET Archives

July 1997

Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 97 8:28:56 PDT

If this helps, the chart I have shows the temperature range from -20 to +80 at
2 GHz.  The increase in Dk is also about 0.15.

Glenn Pelkey
Maxtek Components Corp.

[log in to unmask] Wrote:

| Hi Walther,
| Dk goes up by about 0.15 from 20 C to 120 C where my graph ends - so for
example 4.8 | becomes 4.95. This holds true between 1 MHz and 100 MHz - again
I have no data beyond that.
| If you go up to 150 C you are above Tg.  I can only guess that there will be
a change at Tg but how | much and in which direction? This is not going to be
a useful property as FR-4 is not stable long | term at 150C.