TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
"Cambridge Electronics Corp. - Marketing Dept." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 19:25:28 +0800
Dear Sir,

We are one of the PCB manufacturer in the Philippines. Since last Feb., we
have encountered a serious problems with solder mask residue on hole edge.
We have been using Tamura DSR-2200 with open screen. Some people said
Tamura has very poor developing ability. We've been trying to solve this
problems as changing the pre-curing condition from 80 degrees, 30 min. to
70 degrees, 20 min. and increased the pressure of developing zone. However,
we still have the same problems and make us difficult to solve it because
it is on-off problems, in other words, sometimes O.K. but sometimes it
happend. Basically, I have the questions as below.
1. Why is it on-off problems, but not continue?
2. Why only on hole edge, but not on the other areas like SMD pads, hole
wall?(sometimes we were able to find the residue right after developing,
but the most of cases, we only were able to find it after HASL as a exposed
copper on hold edge)
Please help me with some advice if you have any ideas on this problem.
Thanks for your cooperation!

Truly yours,

Sonny Jee