TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
Poh Kong Hui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 16:56:56 +0800 (SST)
Hi Arjun,

It seems that the amount of flux deposited or the evenness across the
board, is likely to be the causes for the solder-short as you have mentioned
that it is better with the foam fluxer.

Try using fax paper and paste it on a glass slide or wave-level gauge,
allow the waxy side of the fax paper to face against the spray. Turn off the
preheat & the wave and pass the glass thru' the machine. Check the uniformity
and also the coverage. It may due to the spray-fluxer stops spraying slightly
earlier before the board is completely travelled thru' the spray-head or
uneven application on the board.

The solder balls formation  may due to insufficient pre-heat, or improper
wave-hgt adjustment..

Good Luck ..

Poh