TECHNET Archives

July 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Aric J Parr)
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:07:51 -0500
     Arjun

Check the timing on your spray fluxer.
        If the leading and trailing edge have the most problems, the spray
on/off timing could need improvement.

        To do this, use a glass slide with heaters and wave off. Run the slide
through the fluxer and look at the pattern.

        An alternate method is to wrap an unstuffed panel with colored paper
towels and observe the color change where it is wet by the flux thinner.

        You may also be striping the panel with uneven coverage. This test can
detect that, also.

Aric Parr