TECHNET Archives

June 1997

Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 09:48:33 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,

The program, IPC-EM-782,  is available from the IPC for $50.00. It runs under
any basic Lotus compatible spreadsheet program. Since it resides n your
computer, several users have created macro's to extract the information and
input directly to their CAD library builder.

I must also point out that we are about to release the program on the IPC
Designers Council Web site (www.c.org). It will be linked to a user database,
as well as the approved database. The user can search for a component by the
registered land pattern, package type, or a component part number.
Unfortunately, the data cannot be electronically downloaded, which is the
beauty of having it reside on your own machine, like the disk version.
However, you can make a printout from your browser.

There will be an announcement when the web version is available. We will
continue to make the disk version available for those that have created an
automatic land pattern builder.

You may order directly from the IPC web site or call IPC at (847) 509-9700.

Regards,

Gary Ferrari
IPC Staff