TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
Rexcan Circuits <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 14:48:39 -0400
I am trying to establish a quantifiable specification for maximum burr or lift on 50 mil pitch by 20 degree gold edge connectors with my customer for bare pcb. Their current "spec" is zero burr. The pictures in IPC 600 are not much help as they do not represent the specific type of connector ( which has a neck down just before the chamfer ) and also are not dimensioned. We are also having an interesting discussion about the difference between a burr and a pigtail !

If anyone knows of any industry standard or spec. I would appreciate that information

cheers, Keith Lumley