TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 07 May 97 10:17:03 cst
     Hi Bill -

     Someone changed the area code on you - try 970-245-0408 to reach GPD.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins

Subject: ASSY: Component Prep
Author:  [log in to unmask] at ccmgw1
Date:    5/7/97 6:08 AM

Fellow Technetters:

We are a low volume board assembly facility where we build boards in lots of
10 - 50 pieces. We use an array of component prep equipment for axial leaded
components. Among these we are using a GPD, CF-8. My last number for GPD had
them located in Grand Junction. Colorado at 303-245-9674. Apparently they
have moved. Anybody have their new address and phone number ?

Given the volume of boards we process. I'm curious as to what kinds of
equipment people use for component prep. We use the GPD machine because it
can virtually form any axial leaded part to most any form. It's major
drawback is that it is not a user friendly piece of equipment. We also
receive most of  our parts from stock in loose bulk form.

We also use Technical Devices Mark V machines for cutting and prepping parts
when we have a die available for that span. Purchasing individual dies for
all of different sizes of components for the Mark V would be cost
prohibitive.

So....
I interested in getting some inputs into what kinds of equipment users have
for prepping parts in volumes similar to ours. Respond either direct to me
or to the net.

Thanks in advance to all who can respond.

Bill Kasprzak
Moog Inc.
716-652-2000 ext 2507