TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"Lepsche, Thomas G (NM75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 09:41:57 -0600
Let us try this again:
>The units for conductivity are mhos (inverse ohms) = Siemens.
>
>The units for resistivity are ohms.

Conductance = 1 / Resistance or   X mhos            =    1 / Y ohms
>     (Conductance)               (Resistance)

Then 1micromho = 1 X 10^-6 = 1 / 1 X 10^6 (1 Megohm) which does not = 1
megohm.
Also, 20 micromhos = 1 / 50 kohms

1 micromho can not = 1 megohm and 20 micromhos can not = 50,000 ohms or
they would be both a measure of either conductivity or resistance. Where
they are really inverses of each other a conductivity of 20 micromhos is
derived from a resistivity of 50,000 ohms.

Semper Fi
Tom