TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"Dhawan, Ashok CA-WINPO2" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 05 May 97 11:03:00 GMT

Does anybody having experience with CAB Maestro $M PCB cutter. We are facing
problem with at least one assembly where components at proximity of
v-grooves are getting damaged. We are not sure whether this problem is due
to cutter process or the design of the panel itself.
The IPC-SM-782 AUG1993) does not clealy elaborate on the min space between
the edge of groove and the nearest component.
Can anybody explain on this ?
The board is 2 layer smt on top side 0.095 inches thick v-groove is 0.050
inches wide, 60 degrees and uncut is 0.020 inches. material of laminate is
FR4.The nearest component to the edge of groove is 0.5 mm(0.020 inches) away
and it is ceramic capacitor 0.85 mm high.
The cutter blade top and bottom are 10 degree and edges are at same level .
Cut is made in single pass and board is held without fixture.

Technical advise on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks.