TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"Lang, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 01 May 97 15:52:00 E

One of the things we try to do is run test material on a piece of equipment
we plan on buying, perform SPC, and look for a Cpk of 1.3 or better.  This
means that the equipment must be available for use, material available in
quantities that allow SPC, etc..  It results in a level of expertise (since
the machine must be programmed for your test piece.)  It can be tied to the
installation and training of the device.  And you can tie acceptance of the
equipment to the SPC performance.

A reputable house with good product should be willing to support such
activity.

Hope this helps.

Michael Lang