TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"JoAnn Amerson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 15:33:28 +0000
> I recently received the surface mount land pattern document:  IPC-SM-782.
> Unfortunately, one of the land patterns I need is not listed.  I need the
> footprint for a 400-mil 50-pin plastic TSOP II.  Hitachi's id for this
> package is TTP-50D.  IPC-SM-782 has information on Type I TSOP's, but not
> Type II.  Where can I get information on the TSOP II?
>
> I also need land pattern information on TQFP and TSSOP.

We don't use IPC-SM-782 here.  The man who in in charge of the SMT department
determines what pad sizes and spacings he needs for the pick and place machine.
 I wanted to warn you that the physical dimensions of a TQFP can vary depending
on the manufacturer.  We are currently struggling through some land pattern
problems with the 44 pin QFP.  We have two different size footprints and have
determined that a third may be helpful, if not necessary.  Being the design
librarian is not without it's challenges!  :-)

Good luck in your search for knowledge.

JoAnn L. Amerson
Design Librarian
Red Lion Controls, Inc.