TECHNET Archives

May 1997

Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 09:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
Mr. Gulley:

What chemistry were you using to strip with, and more to the point, what was
your laminate supplier?  RD Chemical also supplies a stripper for cured
LPISM, and customers are quite satisfied about its selectivity, but we have
seen some evidence, WITH CERTAIN LAMINATE SUPPLIERS ONLY, of attack on the
laminate.  It is likely not a surprise that the laminates exhibiting the
problem were "blue light specials" (for non-US readers, this means cheap).

The way around this problem of laminate attack, is to strip unheated.  The
stripping is VERY slow, but there is such a huge window of time between mask
stripping, and laminate attack, that it is very practical to operate in a
production mode.

If you would like more information, or a sample, please contact me directly.

Rudy Sedlak
RD Chemical Company
phone 415-962-8004
fax   415-962-0370