TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 14:52:31 -0500
Bill,

As far as I know there are no design limitations per say. However, You must be aware of what materials you stipulate on your drawings. Not all shops have the same materials  UL approved for there shop. The UL approval status is really limited by your board supplier.
For example, if you design a part that requires a .004 dielectric and .005 lines, shop A may be approved for those limitations but shop B may not. It all depends an what type of samples each board shop has submitted for approval. Hope this helps.

Ed Cosper
Director Quality Assurance and Engineering
Graphic Electronics
Tulsa OK