TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 97 08:27:20 cst
     Hi Chuck -

     You might try giving Inco Alloys a phone call (304-526-5570) and talk
     with the technical staff about plating to Monel. They may be able to
     help.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins

Subject: Plating over Monel
Author:  [log in to unmask] at ccmgw1
Date:    5/23/97 10:37 AM

Anybody out there plate other metals over Monel?  We are trying to plate Ni/Au
over a thin layer of Monel.  This Monel is protecting a very thin copper layer.
When we plate to the copper side the adhesion is good.  When we plate the Ni
then gold to the Monel side it peels or fails the tape test.

Anybody got any ideas?  I appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

Chuck Brummer
Acuson
AIM
(818) 734-4930