TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 10:35:50 -0500
When considering an effort such as ISO certification, sometimes more than
just training needs to be considered.

Does your company have a defined workmanship standard that exactly matches
the requirements of your customers and your capabilities? Is it documented
and implemented across your design, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality
departments?

Do you have an internal control (certification) program in place that is
trackable to your workmanship standard? Does "annual" training provide the
best return on your training investment? Will the training company build a
unique course to emphasize the specific processes and tools you use, rather
than an off the shelf program designed only around the tools they like best?

Do you have a paper (electronic) tracking system in place?

There are companies that can provide basic hand soldering training in your
facility, but only a few that can also provide support for the other ISO
certification requirements.

I will contact you off-net with info on our unique capabilities.

>Hi All,
>
>My company is in CT. Need some advice on companies that
>offer in-house hand soldering classes for an ISO requirement
>as annual training.
>
>Since I am specifically asking for sources, I don't think this really
>constitutes spamming

***ALL NEW EMPF PHONE NUMBERS***

Jack Crawford, HelpLine Coordinator
Electronics Mfg. Productivity Facility