TECHNET Archives

May 1997

Date:
16 May 97 14:06:51 EDT
Hello Technetters

I would like all concerned to know, that the separate apology (immediately
following), sent as a separate message, was not originated by myself, even
though it appears that I am the originator.   When I sent my reply
suggesting beanie babies, yes it was a humorous response, and I included at
that time, an apology, for those who might consider this a waste of time.
 I have learned much from the Technet system, and have been as frustrated
as others at the obvious mis-use of the system, like chain letters, etc.
Our systems and Email people are studying what has happened to determine
how person unknown was able to determine my email address and make the
message appear that I was the originator.  To us, this is possibly a major
security concern.  If someone was able to send a message that implies that
I was the original sender, imagine what other types of messages that might
be sent other than simple apologies.

I would like to thank all the people who have replied based on this
falsified apology, for all 30 replies thus far have found the reply
humorous and suitable for a light hearted laugh on a Friday afternoon.  I
have not had any complaints thus far.

FYI  to the unknown sender of the apology, if you wish to impersonate me,
please use spell check before sending your message.

Ed Holton
-------------
Original Text
From: C=US/A=INTERNET/DDA=ID/EHolton(a)vines.etn.com, on 5/16/97 1:03 PM:
I would like to sincerely apologise for my response to this question.
It was unprofessional and uncalled for.  I realise now that I have
wasted the valuable time of the mutitudes of Technetters out there.  The
Technet is a forum for individuals to share their experience and
expertise.  Sending a bogus Email through the IPC server and
consequently having it sent out from there to the thousands of
subscribers has undoubtedly caused hundreds of bottlenecks and increased
Internet mail traffic.  Please accept my apologies.

If you like, you can Email me directly at the address below:

Thanks, and I will try to not waste the Technets time again with such a
foolish display of stupidness.
-------------
Sounds like a new use for "Beanie Babies"!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

I know that this is a technical forum and I have received alot of very
good
information from this forum, but this was an answer that was too good to
resist!  My apologies to anyone who might be offended by this answer
Original Text
From: C=US/A=INTERNET/DDA=ID/djmuma(a)mke9.ra.rockwell.com, on 5/16/97
11:33 AM:
I'm looking for info on "sandbags", or similar techniques, used to
prevent the unseating of larger thru-hole components from PCB's through
the wave solder process. Any vendors, contacts or experience is
appreciated.

Daryl Muma
Allen-Bradley, Rockwell Automation