TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"Max Bernhardt "<[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 07:27:00 -0500
Ambient is non moving air and is the temperature that the component will
see right next to it's body.

I'm not sure what you mean by a standard test.  The component
manufacturers will guarantee their parts to the maximum/minimum rated
specifications listed on their datasheets.  Anything that is shown by a
graph or is listed as typical, is usually not tested.  In addition, when
you say IC that pretty much covers everything from digital to analog.
So one specification to cover all of those areas would be pretty tough.

Max Bernhardt
Component Engineer
Woodward  Governor Co.