TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"KoizumiT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 97 09:16:26 JST
Dear Tech Netter's

  I would like to know what does the alphabet letter(s) in IPC standards number
stand for?
For example, "TM",that is found among IPC-TM-650, means "Test Method", "TR" must
be "Test Report", and so on.
  I am looking for the convenient list or table where all the original name for
these abbreviations are noted.
  I assume that the letter(s) has been used only to help reminding each fields
of IPC publication number and that there exist no same number even though the
alphabet letter(s) are different. Is it correct?
  Here in Japan, what does any abbreviations stand for is often asked and
typical type of question when new engineers or workers begin to study about our
industry.
  Thank you for your time on my very first step question.

Toru Koizumi