TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
"samples" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 13:30:07 +0000
I am looking for some help on defining the differences
between paste printing with stencil -vs- deposition (RPD) as it
relates to how the paste performs in the oven. ie..slumping / oven
profile differences.

The main issues I am tring to over come are:
1 Volume of paste ie..needle dia. / on time valve
2 Hot slumping conditions because the board has an extremely high
   mass 250gms (multi-layer / heatsink plate)
3. The paste used is designed for deposition method

This assembly uses standard pitch (.050")  ceramic leadless chip
carriers.  Can not screen print because of HS.

Thanks

Wesley Samples
Process Engineering Lead