TECHNET Archives

May 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Doug McKean)
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 08:53:55 -0400
Lori Jones wrote:

<major snipped material>

> Essentially this is a legal, multi-level, mail order business. All that is
> necessary is that you obtain the four(4) reports from the parties listed
> below, then resend them to your customers when they order from you.

Just for fun, don't even think about it.
This is highly illegal.
Not to mention it doesn't work.
I've had people's accounts pulled from
their ISP for this type of crap.

It is certainly not proper for TechNet.

I recommend that no one do this again or I shall prove my point.

For anyone's info, if you are spammed with this type of thing
let me recommend what one can do...

1. Let's say someone at [log in to unmask] sends you a spam.

2. Construct four new emails by stripping off the "abc"
   and making the following new emails -

3. Reply to the 4 new emails with as much header info as possible.
   DO NOT reply to the sender. Put a BRIEF description of what
   happened at the top of your email. Some of these webmasters
   are very busy and the easier the shorter the better.
   Then attach the contents of the actual spam.

4. Guaranteed at least one will get through, usually the postmaster.

5. They have always been very eager to stop this crap.

Regards, Doug