TECHNET Archives

April 1997

Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 23:10:47 -0400 (EDT)
One of our process engineers is contemplating changing the etcher chemistry.
Potential changes include NaCl or sodium chlorate in traditional cupric
chloride etching chemistry. Before initiating an evaluation of these
changes, I would appreciate any responses to the following:

Can anyone share any experiences (positive or negative) with using sodium
chloride in cupric chloride etchant in order to increase etch rate? Are you
currently using NaCl and if so, have you found any degredation of equipment
due to corrosion? Any other comments?

In the same vein, are there any Cupric etchers out there using sodium
chlorate as the oxidant as opposed to hydrogen peroxide? Again, any
positive/negative impacts?

Thanks to any and all comments and responses.

Dave Rooke
Circo Craft - Pointe Claire