TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Wolfgang Schenke)
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 17:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

Doug,

if you want to get a different CAD systems, make sure that you understand
what you are looking for.

Think about it like buying a car. A Chevy is a car as a Porsche and
a Formular I racing car and the school bus. DO not ask a person which
is a better car. They all have different purpose.

If you want to get away from AUTOCAD, think about why ?
If you need more on-line DRC, do not look at Gerber editors, but
if you are OK with the Autocad checking and just want to get closer to
Gerber - Gerber Editors are good tools for you.

I hope this helps you

WOlfgang