TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"Lang, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 07 Apr 97 16:05:00 E

Ron,

I have been looking into the same subject (the compatibility of no clean
fluxes with Fluorinert.)

Some of our assemblies operate while immersed in Fluorinert.  The Fluorinert
is used to provide cooling and prevent arcing (due to the high dielectric).
 I am wondering if no clean flux could react with the Fluorinert (which in
my experience is anything BUT inert).

I am also wondering about the use of no-clean flux in general when
associated with high voltage (up to 12 kV) circuits.  Does the no clean
residue decrease the dielectric withstanding voltage?

Michael Lang