TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:06:39 -0500
David,

I have found there are two major contributing factors to this problem. Low amperage and/or
low tin concentration. Either one of these can result in peripheral voids at the knee. Other issues I have found is a lack of attention to brightner adds.  We have found it best to make the adds based on amp hours rather than all at once in the morning. Since it is difficult to check brightner except for hull cells, the hull does not really reflect what could be happening at the knee. I have heard some shops make adds in the morning or at start of shift without regard to amp hours. In any case, these are the items that we have found to be problematic in the past. We have good controls over this things now and have not seen this problem in over a year. You might also want to watch the bath temperature. I have heard that this can also be a problem

Have you talked to your supplier?

Hope this helps,

Ed Cosper
Director Quality Assurance and Engineering
Graphic Electronics, Inc
Tulsa, OK