TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Edward J Popielarski)
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:48:32 -0600 (CST)
Dear James;

The air from the airknives is most likely at high relative humidity doe
to the nature of it's environment, however, low cost precaution of
grounding the stainless steel (assumption) knife bodies is prudent. A
quick check with a handheld static meter can produce some level of
confidence.

Another area to assess is the curtains making contact with the
assembly. Most OEM's are providing systems with neoprene curtains,
which are not dissipative. We can provide static dissipative curtains,
but I'd hate to sound like I'm trying to advertise, so let's not get on
that bus at this time.

Regards,

Ed Popielarski
QTA Machine