TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"Tom Cooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 97 14:03:38 EST
     About 2 years ago my company developed an OC-12 Telecommunications
     option running at 622MHz for one of our products. During the prototype
     debug cycle, the test engineers were having an extremely difficult
     time getting the boards up and running and keeping them running. After
     exhausting all means of inspection and touch-up to the solder joints
     which failed to correct the problems, we decided to clean the "no
     clean" residue off just for the hell of it. "Low and Behold" all the
     problems disappeared. So, from our experience no clean paste residue
     does act as a conductor at 622MHz.