TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"Scott B. Westheimer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:08:46 +0800
From: Scott Westheimer
Date: 4/30/97

Thought I would answer my own e-mail. We tested some pacovia on a clean
plate and found that it darkened the separators plates during lamination
and turned them blue. I talked to a friend that was a blacksmith and he
reminded me that the way that they turned gun barrels blue was to put
silicon on the stainless steel barrel and than put them into a furnace. We
had a problem with the pacovia sticking to the plates several weeks ago and
we were sent a new shipment of material, which I believe had an increase
amount of mold release in it. Although I do not believe that this material,
which might be silicon, will be a problem, it is always something I worry
about in PCB manufacturing. What are some of the other materials that
people are using for sequential lamination?

> From: Dr Mukunda-CTUA036 <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Receipt Notification Requested <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: RE: Fab Lamination
> Date: Wednesday, April 30, 1997 1:30 PM

> From: Scott Westheimer
> Date: 4/30/97
>
> We are encountering a discoloration (darkening)of the separator plates.
We

*