TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"David Creager "<[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:49:00 -0500
The use of Mg(OH)2 will increase the amount of metal removal. The main
reason for adding mag hydroxide is for the electrolytic  transfer for
metal removal.  If you use only the Mag hydroxide exclusively, you are
adding more than you need. If you use a combination of lime with the
Mag. Hydroxide, you will get the removal you need, the pH control that
is desired, and a reduction in cost.

Dave Creager
Chemist