TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"JoAnn Amerson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 14:48:23 +0000
>Why not have equipment postings on the technet?  We are the technical experts
>for our respective organizations.  We might be looking for a used, cost
>effective tool to advance the company technology.   This should be company to
>company, if we let the used equipment companies post there will be too much.
>Let us post what we need to sell or desire to buy.

I'm a subscriber to an unmoderated newsgroup via the Internet.  They also had
the same problem with people wanting to post items for sale.  The solution was
to start another newsgroup specifically for marketing.  We are still allowed to
post threads stating we are looking for such-and-such items but cannot list
them for sale.

I do not read TechNet for the purpose of finding equipment for sale.  I am a
fledging PCB designer and am trying to learn what I can from everyone else.  I
wouldn't know one brand of whatever machine from another.  I'm not so much
against it to start flaming anyone who posts items for sale provided the
subject line state "Equipment for sale" or something along that line.  I can
just delete it without fear of destroying the answer to a problem that I've
been having for weeks.

Thank you :-)

JoAnn L. Amerson
Design Librarian