TECHNET Archives

April 1997

Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:15:02 +0800

Mark,
We use a projector type of inspection machine (looks very much like the
machines we use in library to view the micro-film) for our final inspection.
Especially for those really fine lines (1mil/1mil). However, to my
understanding these machines are very expensive. Therefore, it's economical
to use it for 100% inspection. Most of the products are inspected in the
similar way as you've described.... Luckily, our inspectors do not complain
that much. Maybe, you can try to adjust the brightness of the inspection
lamp, that might help.

At 12:56 AM 1997/4/23 +0800, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I work with an area that inspects flex circuitry.  The product is
>gold or tin-plated copper circuitry on a polyimid substrate.  The
>inspection is done with microscopes at stations which accomodate
>roll-to-roll processing.  Many of our inspectors complain of the
>glare from the product when inspecting the product with top lighting
>from the scopes - especially when inspecting with top lighting several
>hours a day.
>
>Has anyone else dealt successfully with this issue?  I'd like to
>improve the inspection conditions, if at all possible.  Any ideas
>would be appreciated.
>--
>Mark M. Lettang       Opinions expressed herein are my own and may
>[log in to unmask]     not represent those of my employer.

>* If you are having a problem with the IPC TechNet forum please contact   *
>* Dmitriy Sklyar at 847-509-9700 ext. 311 or email at [log in to unmask]      *

Chris Wu
WUS Printed Circuit
No. 42 Chin 3rd, Nan-Tze E.P.Z.
Kaohsiung 81120, Taiwan R.O.C.