TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 97 11:05:48 cst
     Hi TechNet -

     You can use ANSIJ-STD-003 for the evaluation of solderable finishes. I
     would not recommend visual criteria as the sole indicator of the
     'goodness' of a surface finish. Visual criteria can be useful but some
     type of reflow test would be recommended. HASL finish thicknesses can
     vary greatly across a pwb. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     JSTD 003 Chairman